Saturday, September 6, 2008

Arrival

Hola,
Reporting from just outside of Trujillo, Peru. The traveling part of the trip went terrific. God blessed us as we found our way to the hotel in Lima and then to a McDonald's for breakfast. The first couple of days I was given time to adjust to my new settings and get to know the kids. This was difficult for me because I am the kind of person who wants to jump right in and take on more work. Monday I will begin my work at the school, as well as, my work with language therapy. I had a meeting with the orphanage´s school psychologist who had planed out the lessons and gave me directions for the language therapy program. I will have four students. The first session is basically breathing, blowing, smiling, ect. . to work on controlling mouth movements. The children in language therapy range from 2 to 9 I will have them each individually in increments of 30 minutes.
Ms. Ali is the school teacher I will be working with, she is very sweet. She speaks a little English and really wants to learn more. I told her that she could teach me Spanish and I would teach her English. We are both excited about this opportunity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you will be a blessing to the teacher, just remember to tell her yall isn't a real word (after you've taught it to her)!
Love ya, Mom

Lindsey said...

Good point!