Sunday, August 31, 2008

Prayer Requests

  • Please pray for safe travels, my dad and I leave tomorrow to fly to Lima then on Tuesday we take an eight hour bus ride to Trujillo. My dad will be staying a week and then returning.
  • Pray that as God created a language barrier for his purposes at the Tower of Babel He would also break the barrier for His purposes. That I would learn to communicate the truths of the Bible through words and action.
  • Pray that I would remain strong in my personal walk with God and that the children there would desire such a relationship with their heavenly father.
  • Finally pray that I would just be able to forget about myself and serve diligently wherever is needed whether it be playing soccer with the kids or cutting up onions in the kitchen. I want to go to the orphanage and though they can forget me the moment I leave; I don't want them to ever forget the God who I serve. My hope and prayer for these children is that they are receiving a foundation for their spiritual and physical life in order that they can be a light to the world.

6 comments:

Sunny said...

Lindsey,

Our family will be praying for you and your dad as you travel in the next week, and for you as you stay past that. A blog is a great idea!

The Mills Family

Anonymous said...

I will definatly keep you in my daily prayers! Im so glad you are doing a blog!!! its going to be awesome getting updates on your trip!
Have a safe flight tomorrow!

Rick

skwirlmama said...

Lindsey,
By the time you see this, you should be in Peru. Know that you are covered in prayer--for traveling mercies, safety in Peru, wisdom in word and action, and being an ambassador for Christ to the lost.
In Him,
The Vondette Fam

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,
We miss you already! We pray that you will show Christ's love to everyone there! Keep us updated!
Love, the Bowens

Unknown said...

Hi Lindsey! Praying for you today and looking forward to an update once you get settled in!

Love,
The Bakers

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,

You will be in our most certainly be in our prayers! May you continue to glorify God and show His Love wherever you go. Be safe! We love you!

The Albright's