Monday, September 15, 2008

Meet and Greet

Saturday an American girl, Emily, came to the orphanage to play games with the kids. Later she, Samantha, and I walked to the beach and then took a bus to a church function. Samantha, one of the other volunteers, and I met Emily´s fiance, a Peruvian. They said that they want to have us over for dinner some time next week. The other day at church I met Dorcas, a Peruvian who speaks English very well. She works with missionaries helping them learn English and doing whatever else is needed. When I was telling her bye, she got my email and said her birthday was on Friday and some friends were going out for a movie. Both times I have left the orphanage an invitation for another event has come along. Although I don´t like to leave the orphanage it is neat to meet people and get to know them. The stranger on the street and your best friend provide opportunities for shinning a light.

No comments: