Saturday, September 6, 2008

Fiesta

On Friday I walked the children to the private Christian school they attend. There was going to be a fiesta in celebration of the schools anniversary. As I was saying goodbye to one of the boys a bubbly lady appears and starts talking to me about . . . something, finally she pretends like she is taking a picture and I figure out she wants me to come back in a hour to be the photographer for the party. This was a lot of fun. I got to eat cake with my hands, and make people smile ¨cheese¨. Then I helped sweep up the mountains of trash that come with Peruvian parties, either from a lack of trash cans or a lack of desire to put the trash in one. The kids have begun to weasel into my heart. I love it when I begin to grasp more of each child´s personality.
Friday nights are movie nights and during Monster Inc ¨dubbed in Spanish¨ I girl leaned over and told me she was crying. At first I thought it was kind of odd, but then I began to think about the kind of stuff many of these children have been through. They probably have so much stored up inside that at any moment waves of memories and emotions can come over them. I hugged her and played with her hair. Only God can understand and heal her wounds. I have written some verses on a card for her that I found in Romans during my quite time. They are words that comfort me as I find my place of service her in Peru.
Romans 8,28 )apparently they don´t use a semicolon.
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
31 What shall we say to these things, if God is for us, who can be against us.
35a Who shall separate us from the love of Christ.

Pictures to come.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I know you're thrilled, you get to eat with your hands and no Mom there to say "Stop it!" Love you, Mom

Unknown said...

So how was the cake at the party. Ive had Peruvian chocolate before and lets just say it didn't taste anything like Nestle.

Im so excited for you! Im sure that you will have very sorrow filled moments where you heart just goes out to someone, but im sure there will also be times where you will be so over come with joy that you won't be able to stand it!

Do you have a bible thats in spanish?

Anonymous said...

It seems like communication isn't a problem. That's great! Do some of the kids speak English? I went on an inner city Chicago missions trip once and we helped out at a daycare. Some of the kids only spoke Spanish but it wasn't very hard because they spoke with simple words... cuz well.. they're kids! I hope things continue to go well.

Susannah said...

Lindsey, I know first handed what an amazing time your having.

I am so excited for you! I miss those little precious ones so much. I miss hearing there sweet voices calling me Tia Susannah. They have such big beautiful hearts and I am so happy that I, as well as you, and the other interns, have been able to touch their hearts and point them to Christ.

I'm praying for you and want to see pictures of my little friends. Tell them hi from Tia Susannah :)

I'll be checking your blog out frequently, keep up the good work girl!

Unknown said...

Praying for you today Lindsey! May you be an angel of mercy to the children who need you!

Love,
Mrs. Baker

Anonymous said...

So glad you made it. I knew it would be fine. Kids are so amazing. One person can make a difference. They usually don't forget the people who take a little time to care. They may not have much to look forward to in their life here, but with God's grace they will have Life with him.

Love Kendra

Sunny said...

glad to hear how things are going. I know you will have a big impact on the kids and Christ will be glorified. You are daily in my prayers. Richard Mills

Lindsey said...

Thanks for all of yalls comments. Well actualy communication is really hard. I don´t like not be able to discuss more things with the kids and especialy the mothers. Rick is right there are some really joyful moments with the kids.