Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A branch on the vine

Many of the staff and voulunteers go to diffrent churches. This last Sunday my dad and I went to church with the children. We all hoped in ¨BOB¨, that is the bus´ name, and headed to a Baptist church. First there was Sunday school with a lesson on John 15.1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the vine dresser.
After we took the kids back to the orphanage Alias had all of the voulunteers over for lunch. Alias is the fix it man who my dad had worked with all week. He was very grateful for all that Dad helped him accomplish. Dad and I enjoyed time with his three daughters Kayla 10, Becky 5, and Amanda 3. He took all of the volunteers to the beach, but the best part of the trip was dancing in the car and pretending like we were singing to some Peruvian music. The girls loved it.
My work with the school and language therapy are going well. In school I take certian kids aside and work on counting, addition and colores. In language therapy everthing is about repetition and excersizing mouth muscels. I have five students that you can keep in your prayers, I will try to bring you future updates about each of them, Zozo 2, Edwin 6, Abel 7, Junior 8, and Italo 9.

Truth is something that never changes it was established by God for all time. We must live by the truth for we will be judged by truth. My God is truth.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,

Truth fo sho. Isn't it awesome to see God working all over the place, even in countries where we are not there. Today what did God show you about Himself? I am getting to know Him better as I seek Him and not just what He is about. I'm in Love with him. It is a long story, but today God showed my riches on one hand, and the kind of life he has for me on the other. I choose Christ. It was so God, long story though. Keep your knees dirty and you heart open.

I be pray'n
Colin

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsey!

It is so awesome to hear what you've been doing there in Peru! It truly gives me goose bumbs just reading the work that you're doing there and the love that you're showing towards the children and their families. You are such a GREAT example of a servant leader...meek and humble, being whole and undivided (having integrity), seeing God's presence, power, and plan inspite of obstacles, having a Christ-like attitude, and empowering others to be lights for Christ.
I'm praying for you! Keep the updates coming!! :)

Love,
Emily

Anonymous said...

Hey I know your a great help there and I know the kids love you sooo much already! And girl you need to put up some pictures!!! :)
I love you
Shannon

Anonymous said...

I check everyday to know how you are doing. I am so proud of what you are doing. I know that not only is God Blessing the children you are teaching, but you as well in your endeavors for HIS work in the future.

Love Kendra