Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Direction and Purpose

Everything always sounds better on paper or in this case on a computer screen. It is easier to tell of the smiles and hugs and wonderful events then of the things that are not so swell. I´ve always wanted to go onto the mission field and could never believe that then was not the right time. I have always wondered why Jesus was thirty before he began his public ministry. How about Moses what was the delay. I must recognize that God´s time table is much different than mine, but his is much better. He sees with a long term perspective which is something I need while I am here. It is easy to fall into the tendency of just making it through each day rather than looking at the children's´ life as a whole and evaluating what is best for them physically, spiritually, and emotionally.

The primary hurdle is the language. I can´t say just anything I want and I can´t explain what I mean. The kids don´t always want to sit and listen as I try to read the Bible and they can be quick to say not intiendo when it is an important issue. I know I will look back on this trip having learned and grown a lot maybe also be more confused about the future, but God is there and he does not fear for my future for he holds my future.
Wherever I am I will glorify God and enjoy him forever.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is a hard thing to come face to face with one's inability in any situation - particularly when all you want is to serve God and glorify Him! Remember that in your weakness, He is make strong. Trust in Him to do the work that He intends on this trip - through you AND in you.

Much love!
Mrs. Baker

Anonymous said...

Yea Lindsy I know what you mean how many times have we talked about this? I miss our talks. We both know his plan is perfect but it can sometimes be so hard to wait when you want to jump in and just do it. But Gods plan is best. I'll be praying for you!

NolefortheLord said...

Hey Lindsey, hope you are enjoying your time ministering for the Lord. To get right to the heart of the situation just remember God's plan for us as individuals is not always revealed to us right away. I know for me I have set goals and have aspirations to do great things, but only through the Lord will I be able to accomplish these goals. I know that my path to being a coach will be longer than the normal coach's because I do not have nepotism or money in my corner but I have something better anyways ... the Lord Jesus. The Lord will place me through many trails before I accomplish my goals. That will make me a stronger Christian so that one day I can go out into this world of sin and help bring the Sheppard his sheep. Back to you Lindsey just remember that God loves you and He will not forsake you. I thought you needed to hear that. remember Isiah.