Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sunday Lunch

Hey for those of you who read a post at a time I thought I would let you know that the post Language Therapy dated September 18th was actually posted later but showed up under an older post, so if you haven't seen it check it out.This Sunday the psychologist intern invited me over for lunch after church. I normally eat lunch with her at the orphanage, and she likes how I eat all the food and go back for more! Several of the workers call me Peruvian since I like the food, the Americans call me a garbage disposal because I finish up what everyone else does not want. So Claudia's mom asked if I wanted to try cuy, I said sure, it is kind of like a little rabbit I figured this out from Claudia's little English, my little Spanish, and the looks of the foot that sat on my plate. It was good, tasted like chicken!After lunch she showed me pictures of some of her family that lives in the states, and then she looked at some of my pictures.I then had an interesting experience as she went to her room for a nap and I slept on their sofa for about 30 minutes! Then we went to her grandparents’ house where I met her grandparents and a bunch of her aunts. I really enjoyed talking with her grandfather while she would translate and every now and then I would look up a word in the dictionary.Please pray for Claudia she says she is a Catholic but she seems to need a personal relationship with Christ not just a religion name. Her and I had a short conversation about my interests in the mission field and some of the differences in Catholicism and Christianity. Pray for more opportunities as well as wisdom for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsey. Just wanted to let you know that cuy is actually guinea pig. Yum yum! =) I hope you are doing well.
Casey