Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Birthday Outing

Maria, me, and Yameli
We ate at Mediteranian Chicken

Maria bought cotton candy




I don't know why she needs to curl her eyelashes when her eyelids curl so well.
Don't we look like twins?
On Sunday Samantha, Laura, and I took Maria out for her 13th birthday and she took Yameli (also 13) along. We went to church, the mall, had ice cream, lunch, and saw a movie. We gave them each ten soles to spend on anything extra they wanted. My goal is to try and teach wise stewardship. Maria chose to buy two bags of cotton candy and some chocolates while Yameli waited untill we left the mall and wanted to go to some shops on the side of the road where she could find some cheaper things. She bought a little of this and that until her ten soles were gone.

I have to tell you that earlier in the day she had been admiring my eyelashes. Apparently my eyelashes curl up while in Peru a lot of people have almost oriental features including straight eyelashes.

This little shop happened to have an eyelash curler which was one of Yameli's purchases. In the taxi on the way home I asked her about it and said did you get that so your eyelashes can be the same as mine? She breaks into a smile and says "yeah".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun time! I really love the pictures and seeing your sweet and smiling face!

Love,
Mrs. B

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsey,
Your labor of love was not in vain; your faithfulness to God's word and work is paying off. Now we have a solid group in SJRCC campus crusade. God always rewards!
I want you to know that I am praying for you and please remember to pray for our ministry BLESSED SEED CHRISTIAN OUTREACH MINISTRY because we are preparing and collecting stuff to Haiti. This country has been destroyed by 4 hurricanes in a three weeks period.

We miss you a lot in our meetings but we are happy that you are in God's will.

Be blessed!
Rev. Saul Alcineus Jr.