Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Spreading Hope away from Home

The count down has begun for my trip to Peru. I leave September 1st and will be gone for three months. I am amazed and excited about the opportunity God has opened for me to go to Trujillo, Peru to serve Him at an orphanage. James 1:27 says “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” I have wanted to go on the mission field as long as I can remember, and my desire was always to work with children. My dad will be traveling down with me, and he will be staying for a week before returning home. The little I know about what my jobs will be at the orphanage are working as a school assistant and working with children in language therapy in the afternoons. Please pray that I will be a tool in our Father’s hands. Also pray for traveling mercies for my dad and I as we try to find our way around a Spanish speaking world! The name of the orphanage I will be serving at is Hogar De Esperanza “Home of Hope”.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May God Bless you use you to Glorify Him! We'll be Praying for you! LOVE.
Young, Kendra and Noah

Unknown said...

I came accross this song today, and immediatly i thought of you and the work that your doing for our Lord!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRf90yFWXiQ

PS. dont drink the water