Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Home again, Home agian

After forty-five hugs and kisses, I hopped in a van and watched as my home and life of the last three months faded away. Surely there is a time to return but is there ever time to leave? My plane left Trujillo on Monday, November 24th at 4:55 in the afternoon for it's flight to Lima. Once in Lima when I got to the counter to check my bags and pick up my tickets I was told that my 11:40 p.m. flight has been delayed until 1:40 a.m. The lady on the other side of the counter said she was going to keep me on the same connecting flight she said "just move quickly and you should be fine, you have an hour and a half which you will need for customs and immigration." She put a "special" tag on my bag so it would come out first. After a fitful night of sleep on the plane, I was ready to run through Miami and catch my plane to Jacksonville. I made it to the baggage claim before the bags did and then they started coming out, the bags that is other peoples' bags. Wow! I though a bunch of other peoples' bags must have needed to come out "first" also. . . Now the people were starting to thin out and I'm still waiting. . . . There it is! I grabbed it and ran through immigration. I went to hand a man my bag to check and he said "I'm sorry you only have thirty minutes and you still have to go through security please step over to that counter for assistance on getting the next flight". He didn't listen to my petition that I could run fast! The news came at 8:30 a.m. and they put me on the plane at 2:30 p.m. that afternoon.
Since I have been home I have been kept crazily busy with family, friends and the holidays, but that's the way I like it!
I learned so much and gained so much experience while I was in Peru. I know I will continue to look back and discover the things God was teaching me with my time there. More than anything I am so thankful for the opportunities I have to serve God and speak of his son whether in the USA or in Peru. "Jim Elliot said "Wherever you are be there 100%." I don't know exactly what the future holds but wherever I am I will diligently strive to carry out this quote so that my time is not wasted on looking to the future and forgetting the present.

2 Corinthians 9:7-8 "Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work."
Each day My goal is to cheerfully give more and more of myself away no matter where I am. Knowing that his sufficiency will carry me.

Though I can't say how regularly, I hope to keep up the blog with clips from this life that God has loaned to me.

No comments: