Saturday, March 5, 2011

Self....What?

After a little back and forth with one of my students yesterday, I finally talked to him about his need to exhibit more self-control. His lips pursed as if to bring another excuse or backfire some comment, but they stopped before sound was produced. He finally looked up and said "I would say something if I knew what that word meant."
"What word?" "self-control?" I asked. "Yea" was his only response. This morning thinking back about that conversation, I find it to be very telling about our society. When a 12 year old boy does not know what self-control is, we can truly say "America, we have a problem."
Parents please "train up your child in the way he should go so that when he gets old he will not depart from it." -Proverbs 22:6

The fruit of the Spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and SELF-CONTROL!

-A Teacher

No comments: